My 8463 Aprilaire Thermostat was installed with a new furnace and A.C. The thermostat was programmed to 5-2 by the installer. I want it to 5-1-1. The installer did not know how to do it and the companies techs are stumped. How can I change this thermostat from a 5-2 to a 5-1-1? Or can I? I would like the settings for Saturday and Sunday to be different.
Yes you can change your 8463 Aprilaire Thermostat to 5/1/1 program. Here are the steps.
1) Make sure the MODE is set to OFF.
2) Hold down MODE and the UP ARROW at the exact same time for about 3-5 seconds until 00 shows in the middle of the screen in bold.
3) Press the MODE button repeatedly until you get to the number 19. If you pass it, just keep going the numbers will cycle back around.
4) Use the UP and DOWN arrows to choose the number 1 in the upper right hand side of the screen.
5) Let the screen return to normal or press the MODE button repeatedly until you get to DONE.
Now you are all set to reprogram your 8463 Aprilaire Thermostat.
Please feel free to contact us by email or by the phone number provided.